IIMPACT is an initiative of alumni of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India (IIMA), established in 2003. The Australian non-profit association, IIMPACT Educating the Girl Child, Inc. was established by local alumni of IIMA in February 2013. We will work closely with IIMPACT in India to help achieve our joint vision.
The vision of IIMPACT is to transform the lives of women, families and entire communities in India by the education and empowerment of the girl child.
Our mission is to mobilize and motivate non-school going girls, between the ages of 6 and 14, from economically and socially backward rural areas of India, and put them firmly on the track of literacy through quality primary education.
- Increase access and encourage enrolment to basic primary education, through community mobilization, for all girl children not in school.
- Provide high quality relevant education through IIMPACT learning centres.
- Encourage and enable each girl to become an independent thinker and self learner.
- Make learning joyful.
- Help transform the community.
IIMPACT Educating the Girl Child, Inc. was established as a non-profit association on 7 February, 2013. You can view our Constitution here. Anyone can join us as a member in conformance with this Constitution by paying a joining fee of $50 and an annual membership fee of $50. Governance is via a Committee of seven, elected by members.
On 22 February, 2013, the ten inaugural members of IIMPACT Educating the Girl Child, Inc. elected the following office bearers and Committee Members for an initial period of one year:
- President: Alok Ralhan
- Vice President: Rajiv Dhar
- Secretary: V T Mukundan
- Treasurer: Navodit Narain
- Committee Member: Sankar Subramanian
- Committee Member: Rekha Ralhan
- Committee Member: Shraevani Giri
We intend to maintain the principle established by IIMPACT in India, guaranteeing 100% application of donor funds to the education of the girl child. This means all administrative and fund raising costs will be covered separately. Given that only 64-75% of individual donations to major Australian charities reaches overseas NGOs, we believe this will continue to distinguish IIMPACT’s appeal to generous Australians.
Working with IIMPACT in India
The working arrangements with IIMPACT in India are governed by a Memorandum of Understanding that sets out the purpose of funds donated by the Australian association, with periodic reporting to confirm actual application of funds and outcomes achieved.
Tax Deductibility of Donations
IIMPACT EGCI is an endorsed Deductible Gift Recipient from 1 July 2017 and donations to the organisation are tax deductible from 1 July 2017.
As always, 100% of donation funds received by IIMPACT EGCI are applied to the operation of a Learning Centre for the education of primary school aged girls.
- Address: 13 Kent Road, North Ryde 2113 Australia
- Australian Business Number: 744 681 72781 (tax-exempt charity endorsed by ATO)
- Association Number: INC1300151
- Approved by Australian Charities & Not-for-Profits Commission 14 March 2013.
- President & Public Officer: Alok Ralhan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0412 800 815