On 7 February, 2013, IIMPACT Educating the Girl Child was incorporated as a non-profit association in New South Wales. The primary objectives of this community organisation are:
- To support the primary education of the girl child in economically and socially disadvantaged communities of India;
- To inform, educate and engage Australian individuals, communities and organisations in support of education of the girl child in India;
- To collect funds for the support of selected NGOs that design, deliver and manage the provision of primary education to the girl child in India.
We welcome Australians to join us and engage with IIMPACT in India to educate the girl child.
IIMPACT provides educational opportunities to girls, from socially and economically disadvantaged communities of India, who traditionally have no acesss to schooling. Our aim is to break the cycle of illiteracy and reduce the gender gap. This is done through local community-based Learning Centers, where girls get meaningful and stimulating primary education up to Year 5 and are guided to their entry into mainstream education. We are supported by corporations, trusts and individuals who want to make a difference.
- Today IIMPACT educates 20,000 girls in 8 States of India.
- Almost all girls who complete the Class V program go on to middle and high school.
- 100% of donor funds go towards educating girls.
Did you know that just $50 can educate a young girl for a year at an IIMPACT Learning Centre? Just $2,000 can support an entire Learning Centre of 30 girls!